11.22.2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

We’re back!  And ‘the boy’ is now officially ‘the husband’.  Ten gorgeous days on the black sand beaches of Costa Rica with the wedding of our dreams taking place on 11-11-11.  It was everything we dreamed it would be and we were so honored to have shared it with our closest friends and family.

Unfortunately I don’t have anything new to share as the only meal I have prepared since we’ve been back is a plate of nachos.  But I did want to pull together some of my favorite Primal / Paleo friendly recipes to share for Turkey Day so that you and your family can enjoy some healthy, figure friendly recipes this holiday season.

And as always at this time of year I would like to give thanks…thanks for an amazing new family that has welcomed me with unconditional love and open arms, thanks for a new husband who is truly the man of my dreams and thanks to a wonderful group of followers like you for taking a few minutes out of your day to stop by this little blog.  I truly love sharing my passion for cooking with others and each little comment you leave below reminds me of how special it is to be a member of such a great group of foodies.  I wish you and your families a very Happy Thanksgiving and hope you all take a little time on Thursday to thank those that mean something to you!

So here we go, the Turkey Day Roundup (in order of appearance):

These or this would make a perfect accompaniment for a Thanksgiving morning brunch

For snacking during the big game (Go Pack Go!)

Some amazing side dishes to serve along side your bird here, here and here

And something new this year in place of your standard Pumpkin Pie

Don’t forget to save those bones and make a big batch of stock

And with all that leftover turkey make some of this, just sub the chicken for turkey

Print

1 comment: