4.27.2011

Cauli-Rice

A while back I showed you how to turn an ordinary head of cauliflower into delicious, creamy mashed potatoes. But the thing with cauli-taters is, no matter how much butter, cream, garlic or salt and pepper you add, they still end up tasting like cauliflower. Now that might not be an issue for some people, like me, that happen to love the stuff but what do you do for the haters out there? My suggestion, turn it into rice!

No matter how many times I make this, I am always amazed at how much it doesn’t taste like cauliflower. And the process couldn’t be simpler.

What you end up with is a light and fluffy side dish so much like rice you will hardly miss it’s starchy, carb laden twin. It can be served as a side dish along side a delicious Balsamic Glazed Tenderloin or as the base in an amazing Thai Shrimp Curry. It’s extremely versatile; it’s super healthy and tastes great!


Cauli-Rice
Serves 4

1 large head of cauliflower

Remove the stem from the cauliflower and cut into florets. Take out your food processor and throw on the shredding blade, then pulse the florets (5 or 6 at a time) into little rice like granules. Toss in bowl with a tight fitting lid and microwave for 6 minutes.

Print

1 comment:

  1. I've been making cauli rice to go with curries ever since my husband and I started our low carb life style. It's fabulous, so easy to make and doesn't taste at all like cauliflower, especially with curry sauce over it! I love your blog and will be trying the spaghetti squash "hashbrown" recipe tomorrow to go with our crockpot bbq pork chops! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete